Most helpful review

Nipsco Home Solutions - Never received my reimbursement form my hot water heater after over 2 months have turned them in to channel 5 responds
Hot water greater went out on july 21 they sent a company out who wanted to barter for my car and would only take cash, and not get it Put in For 4/5 days the guy was very stretchy so I decided to go with Home Depot who could accommodate me the next day for the same price, after calling home solutions they said go ahead and they would reimburse me my $400. After 15 calls and tons of e calls later Im still waiting, so I called the BBB and channel 5 Response to see if they can help, Im paying $39.00 a mont for a warrenyi that I dont need on a new hot water heater that has its own warranty. Hoping for a solution quickly!

User's recommendation: *** no.

Loss
Preferred solution
My $400.00reimbursement check

Nipsco Home Solutions - Terrible service been waiting over 2 months for my reimbursement check for my hot water heater Been waiting 3 months on a reimbursement
They Keep saying they havent received my paperwork after acknowledging they got it three times! Somebody doesnt know how to do their job but theyre willing to take your money!

User's recommendation: *** no.

Oak Lawn, Illinois

Freezer/replacement refund

Have an old plan that I was grandfathered in to. I happily used it numerous times in the past. At one point, they were unable to repair my washer, so they paid out the remaining amount left in my plan allowance for the washer. Fast-forward to today, the freezer went out on my side by side refrigerator. Tech came out and said it can't be repaired. I called home solutions and asked for a 2nd opinion because I cannot afford to run out and purchase a new, thousands of dollars, refrigerator at this time. I was told that the company that already came out is the only other company able to service it. I asked for a payout of the remaining amount in my allowance for the plan. I was told my plan only covered repair. I told them I wasn't sure how that could be, when I never changed plans and was grandfathered in under my old plan. Home solutions rep was nice, but basically just suggested I get a new plan. I will be pursuing this because my old plan coverage should be honored! I will end up cancelling my plan altogether and just pay out of pocket for repairs if this cant be fixed.

User's recommendation: Decide if plan coverage is worth the monthly fee you pay.

Gary, Indiana
Pros
  • Convenient
Cons
  • Poor for grandfathered in plans
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Not good on cancelling when you move

2nd house was rented x 1 year, unfortunately had merged primary account with rental with NIPSCO. When moved out of the rental, the home solutions stayed on the account of which I thought was for the entire account not the rental. When I went to cancel the account, was told it was only for the rental property which we did not live in since 2015. Now I am out over $400 and having problem getting NIPSCO or Home Solutions to take responsibility. NIPSCO said home solutions should have cancelled, Home Solutions said NIPSCO should have cancelled when that account was shut off on the rental. Very frustrating

User's recommendation: Don't bother with this warranty. Get Am Home Shield instead.

South Bend, Indiana

Claim submitted reimbursement paperwork no response that they got it yet